»

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Let there be BREAD

A few months ago I head about this new bread cook book called Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, you can search for it on youtube and they give you the basic idea of what the book is about. Well a few weeks ago I bought both of thier books Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day -The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking and Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day: 100 New Recipes Featuring Whole Grains, Fruits, Vegetables, and Gluten-Free Ingredients Last night I made up one batch of the base dough and it literally took just a few minutes - yeast, flour warm water and kosher sea salt, mix it all up in one bowl, let rise for 2 hours than pop it in the fridge. Than this morning I pulled it out made 2 grapefruit size balls (you do NOT knead this dough) let them rest for a little while and then baked them for 35 mins this is what I got






they had crunchy crusts and were airy and soft on the inside, Walker & Jordan loved them and put away 90% of them before Darin got up lol. Luckily I had taken the rest of the dough (would have made about 4 loaves total) and rolled it into dinner roll size balls, let them rest and baked them for about 30 mins and got this




Darin really liked them and ate 3 right out of the oven with butter of course. I'm pretty excited that I got it right cause while I can bake cakes, cookies, bars and things like that breads are my handicap, I have a hard time doing bread, biscuits and rolls but this recipe seems to be fool proof even for me lol. I have another book that I got at the same time called The Amish Cook that has a simple biscuit recipe called Mystery Biscuits that have mayo in them to keep them moist that I'm going to try in the morning, if I can get biscuits to turn out good than Darin will be happy, mine normally are hard as rocks unless I cook them from a can lol.


For anyone interested here is the website for the books http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment